My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Best Blog Blogging

Mark Evanier's News From Me covers popular culture, past and present, with such grace, style and wit you have to wonder how many hours a day he works at it. A lot, one would assume, especially on days when the words number 1,000 or more.

It is incomparable both because of the hard news and Mark's skill in making that news relevant to the reader. He puts virtually everyting he reports on into a context that enhances and illuminates the subject.

His week-long coverage of Johnny Carson's death and life points the reader to many other sites but in the process cover also gives us a look at his own somewhat complex feelings about the star-the man-the place in showbiz history-collective memory.

I'm told there is some kind of contest for best blog of the year. I haven't run across any e site to send my vote to.. But if and when I do, I'll bet you can guess whose name wil be n my ballot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lee Goldberg said...

I agree with you. Have you shared your feelings about the blog with Mark? I know he'd appreciate them.

January 29, 2005 at 6:58 PM  
Blogger Cap'n Bob said...

Amen to this. I've been reading his blog daily for many months and always find it engaging and illuminating. And don't forget to read his archives about Vegas, Hollywood, cartoons, etc.
I first heard of Mark (though I never met him) when I was in comics fandom 30-odd years ago. I've always looked upon him as a local-boy-makes-good character, which I guess makes me a local-boy-crashes-and-burns character.

January 29, 2005 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger Mystery Dawg said...

What is the name of his site?

January 30, 2005 at 9:20 AM  
Blogger Lee Goldberg said...

Aldo,

Here's the link.

http://www.newsfromme.com/

January 30, 2005 at 11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home